"Loss" is a type of discount on Stays.net reservations; the main difference is that this discount was given because of service failures and there was a need to deduct part of the reservation amount as a way of compensating the guest.
See below what you should do to post losses on a reservation:
What you find in this article
Registering the types of losses in your database
Registering the types of losses in the Stays.net database is important so that you can categorize your loss of revenue in reservations and, thus, control your processes to prevent new occurrences.
To register a type of loss, follow the steps below:
- Access the [Catalog > Auxiliaries > Translations] menu;
- On the left side, click on the [Loss] category;
- At the top right side, click on the [+Item] button;
- Insert the item you want and save the changes made.
Posting losses on a reservation
Once you have registered your types of losses, follow the steps below:
- Access the booking page;
- Find the invoice area;
- Click on the [+] next to the desired invoice total;
- Click on the [Loss] option;
- Select the type of loss;
- In the [Internal notes] field, put a registration content for your team in future consultations;
- Save the changes made.
It is worth mentioning that on the guest's invoice the word "loss" will be replaced by "discount".
If you want to give a discount on the booking amount for a commercial reason, use the discount posting. See more details below: