What you find in this article
Setting up the standard security deposit policy
To set your security deposit default policy in Booking.com listings, follow the steps below:
- Access the [Channel Managers > Booking.com] menu;
- Access the [Settings] tab;
- Click on the [Payments] option;
- Find the [Security Deposit Settings] section;
- Read the instructions on the screen carefully and choose your options on the available fields;
- Save the changes made at the upper right side of the screen, next to the section title.
In order to correctly apply the security deposit policy on Booking.com, it is important that policy synchronization is enabled on your channel manager Stays, through the [Content > API Content Settings].
Setting up the policy per listing
In addition to the one-time setting for all listings, you can also set the policy per listing. In this case, on the [Payments > Security Deposity Settings] menu, on the [Do you want to set the configuration per listing?] field, just enable the [Allow individual] option.
Then, go to the listing's connection settings by clicking on the arrow next to them, and edit them according to your preferences:
When applying configuration per listing, in future configuration editions, you will need to make changes to each listing individually.
Now that you already know how to set the security deposit charging on Booking.com listings, how about checking out more related subjects?